April 24, 2012

Change is Good

Now this could be a very philosophical post about change but it isn't.  It's more about me deciding that I'd lived with something a certain way for a number of years and deciding that I needed to change it.  My grandmother made me this needlepoint picture a LONG time ago - probably when I was in my teens.  Originally it was framed with a plain brown frame - I can't even remember if it was matted.  Years later after I was married I decided that I wanted to spruce it up.  So I had it framed with the burgandy mat and the sort of goldish frame.



Fastforward to today and I changed it once again.  This time I used the same frame but I color washed it to soften it and change it to a color more my liking.  And I reused the mat and covered it with fabric that was softer.  I sure like it a lot better!  What do you think?



Hugs,

Karen

5 comments:

Kyle said...

I like the change. With the lighter frame and mat it makes the needlework the focal point. It seems to fit your style more. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Your grandmother would be so proud.
Rinda

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Yep, much better! the softer colour goes with it better!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I like it much better, too.

Louise

Maureen Stevens said...

I do love the cream matte more! It makes the roses stand out.