June 14, 2014

Back Again

How long has it been since I last posted?  A long time.  Every once in awhile I think about my blog and then walk away.  Seems like that's the way it is with lots of projects.  How many years have I wanted to make "this" or do "that"?  And then time passes and tastes change.  And so I've re-assigned some of my fabric stash toother projects, given away some things, donated items, and I could do it all again.

I guess in order to catch up on my blog I'd better "go back" to things I've already made to show you what I've been doing.  I guess mostly I'm hoping to inspire those who want to try something new, go back to where they once were and pick up where they left off, or give some plain old inspiration.

These photos are from an ayrshire embroidered christening gown that I purchased.  Mind you, it was only a "part" of the gown, the embroidered pretty part.  Hence, the odd shape. But the embroidery was just too beautiful to ignore and so I made a small wall quilt out of it.  Swiss lace was added as well as ribbons to perhaps give it the appearance of the gown it used to be.

I've been sharing "morning inspiration" with a friend every day via email.  Not always my projects but those of others as well.  And so now I hope to share them with all of you and hope that in them, you too, will find inspiration.  Enjoy!



1 comment:

Kyle said...

I'm back. I'll enjoy getting caught up on all your beautiful work.