December 31, 2011

Hopes, Dreams and Wishes

Last night as I watched the clock tick into the last day of 2011 I thought about "what's next?"  What changes are to come my way in 2012?  I still have some of the same hopes, dreams and wishes that I've had for years.  Some I can't control.  Some I can.

And I remembered that I had read somewhere that it always brings good luck to the new year if you start a new project on New Year's Day.  So that's what I'm doing.  In the past I've made a white wholecloth quilt for my bed.  I've never made one in a cream color.  So I'm starting with a linen as the center motif and designing my way around, through, and in it. 






It won't be a short affair - but a rather long one.  One in which I will sew and quilt my hopes and dreams and wishes throughout the year.

To all my readers and friends I wish you a happy new year.  May all your hopes, wishes and dreams come true. 

Hugs,

Karen

2 comments:

Kyle said...

I'd better go and start a new project right away. I would hate to miss out on any opportunity for "good luck" during this new year! Can't wait to follow your progress with that beautiful piece of linen.

FaerieRose said...

I do pray that your hopes, dreams and wishes will come true for 2012... one stitch at a time.
Blessings to you Karen in this new year.